During some after thought spell-checking, I discovered that "Bon Appetit/e" may or may not have an E at the end... Help me find out so I can fix my wall!
"appetit" is masculine. in europe it is most commonly said with out enunciating the final "t" sound, so it's masculine (more often than not.) however, everytime I heard it, there were men around. . . so, we mustn't rule out the possibility that if you were saying it to a group of only women, you might get away with "appetite". as-tu des autres questions?
I've found it spelled both ways, on books, cafes, and a whole lotta other places. I think I'll leave it since I don't want to recenter it. And I'll just pretend I only wish the women in my kitchen a bon appetite ;)
I think it should have an e, although i'm not 100% sure! It looks really cute!!
ReplyDelete"appetit" is masculine. in europe it is most commonly said with out enunciating the final "t" sound, so it's masculine (more often than not.) however, everytime I heard it, there were men around. . . so, we mustn't rule out the possibility that if you were saying it to a group of only women, you might get away with "appetite". as-tu des autres questions?
ReplyDeleteI've found it spelled both ways, on books, cafes, and a whole lotta other places. I think I'll leave it since I don't want to recenter it. And I'll just pretend I only wish the women in my kitchen a bon appetite ;)
ReplyDelete