Yay! I found this software called Sure Cuts Alot on some random blog and it is AMAZING. It's for the Cricut, and it allows you to cut with all your true type fonts that are on your computer. That means I don't need to go buy a cartridge everytime I want a new font!
Seriously, YA-HOO!
I spent about an hour yesterday getting the software, driving to Best Buy for the right USB cord, updating my Cricut firmware, and learning how to navigate in the software--and now I can make ANYTHING I WANT!
So obviously that means Trevor and I started with some vinyl decals for his band :) We just downloaded the fonts that we wanted to use (that he has used in the past for show posters and shirts) from http://www.1001freefonts.com/ and cut and ta-da! We have perfect decals to stick on bumpers, windows, computers, gaming systems, binders, you name it! They're going to sell each one for $1, so if anyone wants one...
The decals! I can't believe I can actually make these :)
I put one on my car.

Here's the first one I did; it was sort of a tester, but we liked it so we put it on the xbox.
If any one is interested in getting that Sure Cuts Alot Software, I went to http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/purchase.html. I also found a coupon code that will give you 10% off: 8250985. The blog I found the software info on is http://adamsacres.com/category/sure-cuts-a-lot/ and he explains a lot about the software and what you need. If anyone has a Cricut, I totally recommend getting this too! I am willing to answer any questions about setting it up if anyone has any.
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave me a comment and i will love you forever.