Monday, February 23, 2009

Thanks!

I had a really great birthday this year! Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday, and who got me something, and who just loves me! I haven't had the opportunity to use all my new things yet, but I'm loving them, you can be sure :) Trevor surprised me a lot by all his thoughtfulness--he picked out a new purse for me, new wood orange hoop earrings, and he also got me a pink dvd player for the bedroom (which I've been wanting FOREVER--not the pink part, although that is pretty cool), ear phones for my cell phone so I can listen to my music at work (yay!), and (haha) the Star Wars Lego game for Xbox. We really liked playing the Indiana Jones Lego game together, so it really was a gift for me and not him :) He was very thoughtful and got me a clip for my cell phone to hook on to my purse. I have a hard time keeping track of my cell phone when it gets lost in the abyss that is my bag. Trevor's brother Travis and his wife Robyn gave me more tiny socks (hm, can't think of what they're called right now), lip gloss, and AWESOME body butter that smells like honey and almonds. I use it almost every day :) Trevor's mom was so nice and got me a TON of Barbra Streisand music--which I've been wanting to get for like a year now. So THANK YOU! Barbra's pretty amazing. She also got me some very relaxing smelling red candles to go with my decor. Trevor's other brother Brandon and his girlfriend Amber got me a new CHEESE GRATER! My dollar store grater finally died during the family birthday dinner. And also a new peeler, which is very much appreciated because I think we were all getting rust poisoning every time I used my old peeler.

On my actual birthday Trevor and I had lunch at this new Chinese diner called Pei Wei Asian Diner by my work. Actually, I spent a half hour of my lunch waiting for our take out to meet Trevor at his work to eat lunch together since he wasn't allowed to leave for lunch that day. But it was pretty good food, so it was worth it. I made myself Shrimp Scampi with Asparagus and Shells pasta for dinner while I waited for Trevor to get off work. It was yummy, and it made for even yummier leftovers (though, it made my house smell like fish for a while). My lovely grandma gave me 20 bucks (thanks!) so we went to see the movie "Push" that night, which was really good, I thought. You should see it. Afterwards Trevor wanted to get taquitos from 7-11, so we did. It was really random... But then we wanted dessert so we went to Leatherbys--I had chocolate ice cream with their totally amazing hot fudge sauce and those cute little cookies I always had when I ordered a single scoop when I was a kid. I love those cookies. We accidentally forgot our leftovers on the table though--which is like, half the fun of going to Leatherbys. Forgetting your leftovers = $12 for half an ice cream. Yeesh. We vegged out and watched Stargate when we got home--totally worth it :)
My mom gave me a belated birthday present just this last Saturday, and I had a really good time hanging out with her and my little brother Matthew. We went to the Pei Wei Diner again, because I liked it so much I wanted to go again and try something else :) So now I've had the Orange Peel Chicken (spicier than you'd think but still REALLY good), the Chicken Japanese Teriyaki Bowl (honestly, probably my favorite so far--the carrots are the best), and the Honey Seared Chicken (hm, new, but good). I tried the Crab Wontons last time, but I'm not sure if I didn't like them because they weren't warm anymore or if they just weren't that good. My mom, Matt, and I tried the Chicken Lettuce Wraps--which apparently is VERY literal. We had to wrap this chicken mix with lettuce leaves--and just eat it. It was good, just weird. Haha, I don't think Matthew was too impressed :)
My mom took me to Bed Bath & Beyond and said, "Pick." ! So we perused the store, and I finally settled on a new fancy pitcher and fancy goblets. I sure wish I'd had them for the Valentine's Day dinner--maybe next time. It just gives me more reason to make fancy meals :)
These were just really quick pictures I took to send to Trevor--that's why there's a gross dirty baking sheet next to it--but you get the idea.

Joan from my work gave me a giftcard to Joann's craft store, so I think I'm going to get some cake decorating stuff and begin a new adventure with my sister-in-law Robyn soon. I found some really cute cupcake designs that I want to try out.

Thanks again everyone for all the love and birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.