Amidst all the excitement of the new camera, I almost forgot to post about our awesome Valentines Day and my birthday! Seriously, the things I do...
I wanted to surprise Trevor with something, so I thought I'd mess with his car while he was at work on Saturday. I got out there, 4 giant garbage bags of blown up balloons in my car, trying to be all sneaky, and he was SITTING IN HIS CAR! What?! So I had to hurry and drive away hoping he didn't see me. I sat in the parking lot across the street until he finally went inside. Yeesh, Trevor.
So I stuffed his car full of balloons and crumpled tissue papier (that's paper, but spelled fancier for fancier people), and taped cut out hearts all over inside. It was awesome :) I also included a giant box of miscellaneous candy that I knew he'd have to bring home to share with me. I found these super cute stuffed monkeys that I couldn't resist too, and other assorted valentiney items such as a giant lollypop, boxed chocolates, and roses.
Then when Trevor got off work (which was pretty late, grr), we grabbed the bags I'd packed and headed off to the Little America for a night of relaxation. We picked up some Chinese take-out from David's Kitchen on the way. GOOOOD stuff. I took pictures of the room, but they were after we'd already ruined it all so they aren't that pretty, haha. Just imagine a super rich classy room with a giant tub and king sized bed. We had sparkling cider and chocolates while wearing those fancy robes they lay out for you. We took a bath together in the enormo tub and used all these crazy scrubs and scrubby items I found at the store. We vegged out and watched Zombieland and ate Oreos and Baked Lays till 2AM. Checked out at noon, had the breakfast buffet at JB's, and $20 in tips and parking later we were heading back home. Aah, so nice :)
Sunday night we had a family dinner with Trevor's family for my birthday and it was so nice to have everyone together! We had spaghetti (made with Prego--of course, because it's the best), and salad and garlic bread. Yum :) And we had one of my favorite kinds of cake (that Trevor hates, so we never have), party cake with confetti frosting! UGH, so good :) Birthdays are awesome.
Like I said before, I wasn't expecting any of the stuff that people got for me :) Among the new camera stuff, I also got the "Alton Brown's Gear for Your Kitchen" book and some much needed new kitchen brushes, and a bunch of other stuff. Wow, birthdays really ARE awesome!
Tomorrow night I'm going out to dinner with my family to celebrate my birthday and my brother's birthday at the same time. I always love being able to get together with everyone, and it's almost mandatory because it's someone's birthday. More people always show up when it's a birthday. And this one will be TWO birthdays.
Tomorrow I'm also starting the photography class and taking some good friends' pictures downtown. I get to use my new camera for the first time! I'm kind of nervous and super excited at the same time. I never really know how they're going to turn out until I get home after the shoot and take a look. And the new camera is so much more sensitive to movement and the particular settings, and I'm not going to have very much free time in the next 8 weeks because I've booked so many free sessions... ugh, I can feel the heartburn already.
...breathe...
It's going to be good. And I WILL get at least one good picture tomorrow. And I will have all week to edit them. And then I get to start taking pictures of lots of different kinds of people every Saturday. It's going to be a crazy crazy 2 months. But I'm SO excited :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave me a comment and i will love you forever.