Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Camera!

Wow :) Trevor got me a brand new DSLR camera for my birthday! It's a Canon EOS Rebel XS, and it came with an 18-55mm zoom lens. I thought I was going to have to wait at least 6 more months to get one, but he totally jumped on board before I did and just GOT IT :) It used up 75% of our savings, but who really needs savings, right? Emergencies don't happen. Especially when you have a fancy new camera to sway the forces-that-be to your favor, right?
Oh but honestly, I wish I cared, but I really DON'T care that we'll have no savings for a while. I love my camera and all that it brings way too much!

Trevor also got me a camera bag and a new 8 GB high speed memory card. We went and picked out a fancier camera bag with more pockets and straps, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I like it more. The first one is colored and kind of girly :) It's smaller but still sturdy. It has all the space I'll need for a while. The second one is NICE. It's professional and has compartments everywhere and it's big. AND I can strap my tripod onto it... Oh the hard choices I'm burdened with... ;)

Here's the big bag. Totally cool (although, perhaps a little overboard...). I don't have a picture of the other bag, but just imagine a totally cute smaller bag:


Now my timeline for everything has to be all re-thought. I can start getting more serious about photography way sooner than I thought! I'm still going to be taking another small photography course starting this weekend, which will be nice since I'll be able to re-learn everything with my new camera! But once I've familiarized myself with all the settings and whatnot, and gotten a few months of picture-taking under my belt, I can at least start breaking even on my costs for taking the photos, and maybe even make some money some time soon :) Whatever happens though, I'm just happy I can take pictures. I love the feeling! And I hope I can start giving more people pictures that make them happy.

I was mentioning to Trevor last night, that now my problems have just shifted to wanting more lenses and more kickin' accessories! Haha!

This weekend I'm going to be working on scheduling more groups, couples, and dude photos. And also editing some more older pictures to put up on the Facebook page.

P.S. I am wearing leggings today. It feels fitting to be trying something new with my clothes since I'm sort of exploring a new side of myself in other ways too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that this is working out for you! You have an amazing talent and it's awesome that you get to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats oon your new camera. I have the same one and I love it! although it is very entry level...but I do love it! mine came with lots of other accessories.
    My name is Rebeca and I do love pictures too. I saw your facebook page and it said you need people to take pictures of. I would love to have some pictures of me. Sometimes I cry my guts out because I am always the one taking ictures of people and nobody takes pictures of me. :(

    awys, I love your pics.

    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same camera bag for all my stuff and trust me when you get more lenses and stuff you will love it! I love mine. I have 3 different lenses and if I get anymore I will have to get a new bag. So trust me in the long run you will be happy you got the big one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the camera. Sometimes you need the things you truly love. And be grateful you bought it with savings instead of putting it on a credit card. At least you're a step ahead of that :-)

    Keep both bags. The small bag is great right now, but if you're going to keep collecting gear, you'll want the big one.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.