Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Holy Canoli!

So HO-LY. My photography stuff has exploded in front of my eyes in the last 2 days! I think I can still breathe though :)

Pretty much, I decided that I wanted to make a Facebook page for my pictures so it would seem a little more professional. I wasn't sure, since it's just me, and it's not like I'm making money or anything. But I did it. And I was pretty much bombarded with support :) I have 1 shoot scheduled for February, 5 shoots scheduled for March, and 3 more in the works for later. The majority of those are individuals, so I'll need to get in a few more families. But I think this is going to be SO helpful for me! I'm looking forward to different kinds of people, and different settings.

And Trevor's family got me some frickin' awesome photography accessories for my birthday! So now I'm pretty much doing it for real now. I got a tripod and some light reflectors. They are my first pieces of photography gear that are legitimately mine, haha :) And they mean that I am officially DOING THIS.

Lately I've just been thinking about how much I really enjoy the actual taking of the pictures. It just fits me :) I feel like it is challenging but I can find the groove pretty easily. It's neat to be able to focus in on how I see things.

Yay! I'm excited for the next few months! And hopefully I can fix my memory cards, haha!

2 comments:

  1. Have you taken photography classes before? I learned a TON about photography from college. Even just a beginning class. You have the talent for it so learning the fundamentals will give you a ton of ideas and ways to make your photography insanely incredible! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so happy you enjoy doing this! And I'm happy that you agreed to take my family's pictures (even though there's only two and a dog). I'm happy for you. And the best part about all of this is when you start making tons of money just by doing something that you absolutely love to do!!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.