Monday, February 01, 2010

Taxes and Getting Older

Bleh :( We have been sick at our house for over a week, and it sucks. I'm just sayin'.

And we found out we owe $2100 in taxes. That stinks too. Apparently that little number on your W4 (you know, that thing you fill out when you get a new job) stands for "exemptions" and not "people." You'd think they'd give you a little bit of layman's definitions or something. I mean, I was only 18 when I filled it out, what can you expect? I'd done a total of 2 tax returns my whole life.

Again: Bleh.

So now, on top of the money the IRS takes from my checks every month, they are taking an extra $55 every month to cover last year's, at a "small interest rate." What is going on?? I'm cool. Right? I'm not ugly. I work at a normal job and don't sell drugs. I'm not rushing into making the population of Utah any larger. I support the economy by going to movies on Fridays and eating out. Shouldn't I get a break or something?? I sure think so. A $2100 break. That's all I'm asking. Really, the only thing that stopped me from throwing a fit was seeing Trevor throw his fit. It wasn't pretty. And I try to be pretty, you know?

I decided to not let it stop us from paying off our credit cards by September though. It's going to suck. Even more than I was thinking. But, in the words of Kristen Humphrey: Whatev. It just means one less date-night or a couple less nights-where-I-get-home-from-work-and-don't-want-to-cook-so-we-eat-out's per month...yes, just. I really don't think the government knows what they're asking of me! Or maybe they DO?! Maybe the president has a secret vendetta...? Hm...that's something to consider. This never happened when Bush was president...

The IRS said they'd send me a bill, so until I get that, I think I'll just act like it doesn't exist.

February is going to be pretty awesome actually. We already have a couple of dinners scheduled with people who are as equally awesome as we are (that's always important, you know, when you're scheduling entire nights away from the comforts of your own home and WoW--that the people you're visiting can provide adequate lovin'). We've got some wedding shtuff. Some Girls Night shtuff. Some GroudHogDayin'. And for some reason my calendar has this day of Valentine's on it... ? Anybody know what that's about? I'm going to be taking a fun photography class with my friend (! yay, actually super excited for this). It's Washington's birthday on the 22nd; did you guys know that? As in George. He's the general. And I'm also foreseeing a few nights out with the newly reunited R&R.. yeah, you know who you are.

Oh yeah, and my birthday.

I'm going to be old. I'll be Trevor's age! Yeah, like I said--OLD. When I turned 18 I was free; when I turned 19, I was gloriously young. At 20, it was awesome because you're officially 2 decades old, but still young enough the government can still tell you what you can and can't drink. At 21, you're officially liberated in every possible way--except for candidacy to run for president, I suppose. But at 22... I'm just OLD. I have nothing to look forward to except 30. I've been graduated from high school for way too long to have my '06 tassel still hanging on my rear view mirror, but my life isn't anywhere super-fantastic enough to warrant replacing it with something else. 22 is gonna be weird.

At least I'm not gonna be 23 :) haha Trevor. I think Trevor should have to make me a huge castle cake this year--a pink one. Or one of these:

Yes, that's a cake.

1 comment:

  1. That bites a big one I'm sorry.

    Happy Birthday in a few!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.