Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sitting doing nothing for the time being


I'm feeling really blah today. I have all these goals but most of them are so far in the future and I feel like I'm moving SOOO slowly!
  1. 2010 Pay off credit cards by June (September at the latest).
  2. 2010-11 Save up for a nice DSLR camera (in the meantime, take crappy pictures of friends and family to try to get better)
  3. 2010-11 Take a couple night classes in photography basics and photoshop (surprisingly hard to find :( most people want to do this in the daytime) when I have my new camera and when I've saved up for the classes
  4. 2012 Pay off both cars by mid-2012 (that's approximately 1 1/2-2 years early). We have a plan, the forces willing. I HATE that since our payments are so high, even if we pay off a couple hundred dollars extra in one month, it only moves the timeline a TINY bit. GRRR.
  5. 2012-2015/16 Trevor quits his job and gets a part time job and goes to school for 3ish years (hopefully going to school full time??) studying...something. Get student loan so we don't die. Becky takes pictures and reads lots of books so she doesn't feel like she's doing nothing.
  6. 2016- Trevor gets a new job and makes millions so we can pay off student loan.
  7. 2016-2020 save up so we can have kids and buy house (this is the part I like). This is the time Trevor will be finding some sort of job he can do forever, haha. Who knows, maybe we'll have kids now. 6 years... that's not so bad. I'll be 28. Ugh, maybe that IS so bad.
  8. 2020. Hopefully by the time I'm 32 we'll have accomplished all of these things and will be well in the middle of making babies in a house and accruing more debt because our cars will be 15 years old. Life's great, right?
  9. 2010-2020. Live young so we don't feel like we're wasting away :)
The Plan.
(If you draw it, it becomes official.)

5 comments:

  1. I am in love with the drawing. Paying off cars is so frustrating! We should take a photography class together. I have a nice camera and no idea how to use it right. I have free classes at Ritz Camera they are on Wednesday nights or Saturday mornings that I can take someone to. That might be too novice for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm a big fan of the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just give you a little piece of advice...if you aren't going to school and just Trevor is, have kids now cause you will save a TON on the cost of school! hahah! Seriously! I haven't paid once cent for school since I was pregnant with Nate! In fact I get $1000 a semester for going full time! So does Phil so that means $2000! Actually this semester Phil got dropped from a class last minute because the system was messed up and he still got $700 for part time! Not to mention the extra $2000 dollars on our tax return last year (we'll see what it is this year). And you can do a TON of classes online too! Which is great when you have kids! :D
    ....I'm just sayin....

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA it was so cute Nate just saw the elephant and started making elephant noises...he was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A baby could help with school costs, but I'll be working full time while Trevor goes to school, and I don't want to work and have a kid.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.