Monday, July 27, 2009

Up the Canyon

We actually DID something this weekend--you know, besides watch a movie at home :) Trevor and I went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to the picnic areas a few minutes inside the mouth of the canyon ; Trevor's brother Travis and his wife Robyn, and brother Brandon and his girlfriend Amber were with us. We made a fire, roasted hotdogs, and made smores--then went to the cave that's just off the path. I've been there a few times for different things, and even though it's pretty safe and used a lot--it's still stupendously creepy :) Especially when you're with people who've never done it.

Of course my camera's batteries were dying when we got up there. It's just a part of my life, I've decided. And night-time + fire = a)really dark pictures with really bright fire, or b) super over-exposed pictures because you have to use your flash. But oh-well. It was SO much fun and we have extra firewood, so we're ABSOLUTELY going again. I have decreed it.



It was pretty hot. And the fire made it even hotter. But who really cares? YOU HAVE A FIRE!


Trevor, checking out his magnificent fire.


Trevor wrote my name on some wood in charcoal.


Trevor pretty much always cuts my head off :) But I made sure to get some pictures of us this time. I realized a while ago that I don't really put too many pictures of myself on here, so I decided I needed to take more.




We forgot condiments for our hotdogs, so Amber (I think) asked the people at the next picnic area if we could have some of their ketchup :) They gave us a ton!

Mmm, smores









One of many flaming/burned marshmallows.




In the cave. Trevor's low voice was pretty spooky.


In the cave, we got to the end, and someone had put a manequine (is that how you spell it?) head sitting on a log at the very end. It was seriously one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in real life! I know the picture doesn't do it justice, but when we came around the last bend in the cave, it looked like a creepy little kid staring at you with this pale face! OH MAN. I hope it's still there to scare the crap out of everyone else :) It actually made it hard to go to sleep that night.


Afterwards we all changed into our pjs and watched the newest X-Files movie--and it's pretty disgusting too--lot's of needles and blood.
We're not like out-doorsy freaks or anything, but a good night out with a fire, melted marshmallows, and creepy heads in caves will do the trick every time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.