Friday, July 24, 2009

Monster Cupcakes

I made cupcakes for my brother and girlfriend's kids today. They're supposed to be monsters with long bodies like dragons or bugs or something. I don't really know. The cupcakes with their names were supposed to have a candle for how many years old they are, but I got the wrong number :( That's so me.








So to make the monsters, you just put on a dollop of black.


Spread it around on half of it.


Then you put green (or whatever color monster you want) on the other half, and add as much dimension as you want. I had leftover bottled frosting, so that's what I used. If you make your own frosting, it's so easy to just put it into a sandwich baggie and cut a hole to squirt it out.


Next you add teeth. I wanted mine big on this one. You start by squeezing hard at the base and going side to side, and sqeezing less as you get to the point of the tooth.


Add whites for the eyes.


And red evil eyes--seeing as they're evil monsters.


Then eat.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah those are awesome! My kids would love those!! We'll have to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO CUTE! My son is WAY into mosters right now! He goes around the house with his sword and destroys them! THanks for sharing! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.