Thursday, July 02, 2009

ReUpholstered Dining Room Chairs :)

All I can say is YAY! I finally just put my mind to it and reupholstered my dining room chairs. I tried to do it about a month ago and when I got the fabric home, I'd cut it too small :( That is SO something I would do. I found a fabric that I am in love with at IKEA. It matches all the green we have going on in our house, and it's very modern but classy too, I think.

So here's the before... I think they're nice chairs, even if they are plain.
All I had to do was unscrew 3 screws underneath the cushion to get the chair to come apart.

Then I just fitted my fabric over the existing fabric and cushion, in case I ever want to take the new fabric off or something.
It would have been a lot easier if I'd had a staple gun or something--but tiny nails and a hammer work fine to just nail the fabric down on the under side of the cushion.
And then I just folded the corners nicely and nailed them down.That's pretty much the end of the hard part. I think it took me like 5 minutes to fit the fabric onto it. SO easy!Then I just cut the extra fabric off, and voila :) New cushion!To put the cushion back on, you just rescrew it to the bottom. Trevor is doing it in the picture, but only so I could take a picture. I did the second one, and it was SO easy; no man required.NEW CHAIR!And here's the set. I'm so excited!

5 comments:

  1. Those are so darn cute!! I've looked at the fabric at IKEA before and I've never found anything that cute!! I really like the big print-it's a really fun look for your chairs. Sorry I didn't move your link earlier. I've had a Youth activity all night. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great idea. I now wish I had cushions on my chairs so I could do this. Maybe I will have to improvise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of Wood Dining Room Chairs for your modern dining room.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.