Friday, October 24, 2008

Home Improvement

So since our anniversary, we've been working on keeping our house cleaner. I know, for some of you, it's like, "What?! Your house isn't clean?" But, like 90% of the world's homes, no it's not. Maybe one day.

We did some improvements that really are helping us WANT to keep it spick and span all the time. We rearranged the living room so it feels more open. Not to mention Trevor got a sweet new big screen (57") from his work for $150! Since the living room is more open, and we brought our desk back out of the second bedroom, it worked out to finally pull our dinign room table out from the wall and move the computer to the desk. It feels so nice to actually have a dining room be used for what it's supposed to! I put out my table decor, and got new red placemats that balance out all the green and brown.
Last Saturday while I was at Target shopping for yet another wedding, I decided it was my turn to get something cool for our house. So, along with the red placemats, I got new red curtains, towels, and a rug for the kitchen! It looks so great in there now! Before it was mostly white with random colors in some places. But now it has a theme. Robyn helped me trim up the curtains with her handy sewing machine so they weren't so incredibly long. I could say nothing better to explain how I'm feeling but this:

:)

These pictures are sort of in the middle stage of our improvements. They are before the big screen and before the red additions to the dining room and kitchen. Why am I no good at getting up-to-date pictures? Who knows.


2 comments:

  1. What a cute little apartment! I wish I had talent in the area of decorating my apartment, but I don't! Oh well! I'm glad you found some cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! That's the cutest little apartment I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.