Wednesday, June 24, 2009

...music...

I'm not gonna lie.
I miss music.
I miss a piano in the other room.
I miss having blank sheet music in piles on the bench.
I miss practicing my fingers every day.
Ugh, I miss hearing the harmonies in my head.
I miss knowing what I'm doing.
And I miss the time when the word... (wait, what was that word again?) ...dynamics didn't slip my mind every time I want to use it.
I miss spending Friday nights singing at the piano with someone else--and not feeling like a dork for spending hours singing duets.
I miss my range.

BAH! I'm seriously considering trashing my dining room table (and all the other miscellaneous furniture being stored there at the moment), and buying a piano.

4 comments:

  1. Aw! That's so sad! A true musician should never be away from their music! At least get a keyboard for now! I'm sure you could find a cheap one online somewhere! I know my husband wouldn't survive without his. I think he would literally shrivel up and die....of some sort of starvation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss it too! We should get together and sing- I would love it! I know Robyn would too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss it too! We bought a clavinova so that's been nice, but with Audrey I don't get much time to play. If I play while she's awake I only get a minute in and then she's right there wanting to play. If I want to play I usually wait til she's in bed. I miss my range too so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not gonna lie, I miss it too! I kick myself in the bum for giving up lessons. It's a talent that is so useful!!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.