On Saturday I went over to my mom's house and hung out with her and my little brother, and got to decorate his new bedroom! Haha, they think I did them this huge favor, but really, I just got to spend a day doing what I love doing :) Trevor and I don't really have a room that I can decorate like you can a boy's bedroom, so I had a good time experimenting and practicing.
Matthew wanted there to be lots of red and black, and after going over all the ideas in our heads for what kind of designs we could do, he chose squares--big ones and small ones. 
We decided to put them in the middle of the wall so that people could see the color from everywhere. He helped me cut the squares with my Cricut machine on vinyl, and getting them on the wall was actually pretty smooth. We just eyed it, and I think it turned out looking pretty fun and casual :)


We decided to put them in the middle of the wall so that people could see the color from everywhere. He helped me cut the squares with my Cricut machine on vinyl, and getting them on the wall was actually pretty smooth. We just eyed it, and I think it turned out looking pretty fun and casual :)
He has this AWESOME vaulted ceiling in his room with a giant window, so he wanted to put a quote up on the wall that goes up to the ceiling.

He's been learning a lot about friendship and trust, and love, in new ways lately, and so he wanted to put something up that would remind him of his new friends. He spent a while trying to find a quote or saying that worked for him, but couldn't find a perfect fit. Then I asked him if he had any songs that he likes, and we remembered Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up. He liked that, and wanted to put a verse up on the wall.


He's been learning a lot about friendship and trust, and love, in new ways lately, and so he wanted to put something up that would remind him of his new friends. He spent a while trying to find a quote or saying that worked for him, but couldn't find a perfect fit. Then I asked him if he had any songs that he likes, and we remembered Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up. He liked that, and wanted to put a verse up on the wall.
The cool thing about vinyl is you can take it down anytime without ruining your walls, so if he ever wants to put up some different words, he can. Plus, being in an apartment, we generally can't paint walls, so this adds a lot of dimension and personality to his room without getting into trouble :)
It took all day to finish everything up, but it was worth it, and really a lot of fun to me :) Plus I got to stand up on a dresser to reach the 10 foot ceiling!
Wow! What a sweet sister you are! That looks like it would take a LONG time! It is really cool and I'll bet he loves it! I love that song too. It's great to hear from you! I was wondering how things were going with you!
ReplyDeleteI've been having issues with Mr. Linky this morning so I'm sorry if this wasn't the project you wanted me to post today. I've been checking out your other creative projects and they look so awesome! Shoot me an email and I'll make sure and get the projects you want to share.
ReplyDeletepoppyginger@gmail.com! Thanks Becky!