Thursday, June 04, 2009

Curves Update: June

Eek, I'm kind of nervous to share this update. But oh well. I'm doing it.

I finished my second month at Curves, and I'm pretty happy with how things turned out considering the month we had. Trevor's birthday, Memorial Day in Idaho, and ... uh... I'm sure there was other stuff... It all seemed to be working against me.

Pounds lost in May: 1.5
Total pounds lost: 3.0
Inches lost in May: 0
Total inches lost: 0.5
Attendance: 9 workouts
Goal attendance: 16 high, 12 low
ENERGY EXERTED: 1 Billion Energy Increments

Haha, I WISH energy exerted really counted! I missed a lot of days because of the birthday and the long weekend, and just ... wanting to be with Trevor.

BUT, I'm totally proud of my other pound and a half lost! If I keep losing just a pound and a half per month, I'll lose 18 pounds in a year. If that's not beating the odds, I don't know what is. It's not a lot, but hey, progress is progress.

Curves has started something new called CurvesSmart. They've added little computers to each machine that track your personal goals, reps, heart rate, range, etc. And tell you what muscles you're working out, if you're working hard enough, how many calories you've burned...that sort of thing. Tuesday was my first day on the program--and I'll tell you--THEY REALLY PUSH YOU. I'm SUPER glad though because I've been feeling really distracted during my workouts. I'll suddenly realize I've gone through two whole machines and not really paid attention. That CAN'T really be helping me lose weight.

I was SO tired last night after my second workout on the CurvesSmart! Crazy biz. I hope it will help me get even more results in June :)

Trevor has gone back on his no-sugar diet and is doing pretty well. He keeps begging for substitutions though--which, while better than sugar itself, really, I'm just not sure what effect overall it's having on his body. Oh well, I think getting in the right mind frame is the hardest part-- whatever he needs to do to get there is fine with me. I NEVER thought I'd see Trevor voluntarily drinking DIET sodas, or NOT getting the creme soda he's randomly craving because there's no diet version, or making himself SUGAR-FREE pudding, or browsing past regular candy to the SUGAR-FREE section! Once we master this sugar business, I think he may move on to LOW FAT... ? It's been good on me. The no-sugar diet isn't my thing--it's Trevor's. But since he's doing it, I'm sort of doing it too. At least, since he doesn't want sugary foods EVERY day, I'm eating less too. I'm not going all fanatical like him though. I prefer a well rounded diet. Allthough--if I ate icecream like Trevor, I might consider cutting out sugar completely too :) He's a maniac when it comes to dessert! Trevor is amazing in so many ways, but one of his weak spots is spontaneous purchases and buying things right then and there when he wants them. This no-sugar deal is really changing the way he reacts to his first instincts. Last night I introduced the idea of weighing and measuring him like I do at Curves--that way he'll see some of the fruits of his labors. He didn't really say anything (but I think that was more the fact that I was intruding on his video-game-time than a lack of interest in the idea), but I'm going to measure him tonight--maybe in his sleep if I have to :) That'd be AWESOME!

Good luck on everyone's fitness goals!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this! It's great to hear about others' accomplishments. And I'm glad that you realize how cool a pound and a half is! That's one of the hardest things for me, is keeping going when I don't see results or very little results, or even gain. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...you've worked out more than me! haha! I like to consider chasing and carrying around a 20 something pound baby as a work out! haha! And believe me...sometimes he is! I also like to consider running up and down the freaking long hallways at work as a work out...again, sometimes it is! haha! If only I would lose weight from doing those things!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.