Saturday, June 27, 2009

GRRRRR

My debit card got stolen.

>:(

That's my angry face.

It's frustrating that it's no one's fault but my own. Either leaving it in the ATM, or leaving it on the seat in the car, or not locking my doors when I went to Trevor's show (which, by the way, was a WAY better last show that the last "last" show--pictures later), or putting it in my pocket with the money I withdrew and it either falling out or someone yoinking it. I hate that. Why is it that the RARE times you don't do what you've made a habit of doing--you get your debit card stolen??!

Well, they spent $110 at Smiths, $2 at a car shop, and $1 at 7-11--I hope they at least got some groceries and a candy bar for their starving children or something, oh, and maybe a car freshener--one of the tree ones.

Ugh--humanity.

And to top it all off, it took 20 minutes to FIND my bank's phone number (because the only place they put it is ON THE BACK OF MY DEBIT CARD), reach a live person, and have them verify I'm not lying and trying to steal grocery money from them before canceling my card. Way to give the theives time to stock up on more cigs with my money, guys. Yeesh.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure someone tried to break into my car yesterday. there was a part of the driver's side door that was pulled out and the window wasn't inside the door like usual (I rolled it down and rolled it back up and it was fine). It was REALLY weird. Nothing was stolen that I could tell. Also, I opened the door and it was unlocked and I didn't think anything of it and then I shut the door and the alarm went off...so they obviously unlocked the door too because if the alarm was on that means I locked it that morning (it was at work). So I wonder if the alarm just scared them off. There was nothing important in the car anyway. Just a check book which was on the floor of it so they obviously didn't take it. Crazy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no :( I feel your pain... Someone broke into my car at the beginning of this month and stole my purse. I had shoved it under my seat while taking my puppy for a walk, and this dirty little thief smashed out my window and yoinked my purse. Of course it had to be my favorite one too. Needless to say, the banks are still trying to hit me with overdraft fees from fraudulent charges that went through before I got all the cards shut off. It truly is a HUGE pain in the butt. Hopefully they catch the sucker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way... I just saw your message about my not-so-periodical periodical. Hahahaha... I really suck at this blogging thing :) Hope everything is fantastic with you... what's new?!?!

    I've been really good, just trying to act like a grown-up, having my own place and all. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.