Last weekend I tried making a triffle. It looked really good, but it sort of failed. It had layers of brownie, chocolate and vanilla pudding, chocolate and vanilla mouse, oreo, whipped cream, and raspberry pie filling. Heaven, right? So you'd think...

Here's what happened when we tried to serve it. It all just meshed together and combined to make one giant bowl of runny pudding. And the rasperry filling was pretty gross. I don't recommend trying it--it was from a can.
Here's what happened when we tried to serve it. It all just meshed together and combined to make one giant bowl of runny pudding. And the rasperry filling was pretty gross. I don't recommend trying it--it was from a can.
At least my serving dish was cool :) $7 at Walmart (I know, Walmart? Becky, really? I had a gift card.)


On the bright side, Monday I made another chicken pot pie and I think I've nearly got it where I want it. I've made one about once a month for probably the last 5 months because I've been trying to get it right. Until now I haven't been able to get the sauce the way I want it. It's supposed to be creamy, white, and thick, you know? In the past it's been thin, runny, and yellow. This time I gave in and used actual half-and-half and added potatoes. And I defrosted the crust properly so it turned out pretty :) Woohoo! Go Pilsbury pie crust! (I am SO not ready to show everyone how horrible I am at making my OWN pie crust.)

Pot pie is SO good :)
That's some very good looking food! That chicken pot pie looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteGood job!
That looks amazing!!!! You should email me the recipe for the Pot Pie! I'd love to try to make that!
ReplyDeleteI want to try the pot pie this week, can I have the recipe? :)
ReplyDelete