I've got my handy calendar ready:
- Trevor and I started saving more each month than we've ever saved before. I hope we don't mess it up :) We're saving up to fix my poor car from the accident on Valentines Day (we're over halfway there), and then, who knows! Maybe something cool--like a house. Just kidding, probably not.
- I think I might have mentioned this in passing, but I did a little song dealy for Relief Society a few weeks ago with Robyn my sister-in-law and a few ladies from the ward. It was cool to sing with people who ... um, can actually sing :) No offense to anyone--it's just really nice to be able to not worry about voices sticking out or something. Some dude from the bishopric or something heard us singing and made us do it in Sacrament meeting the next week. It was cool 'cause I got to try my hand more at directing the chickas in what to do with the song a bit before our pianist came to help.
- That leads me to the next thing. I'm pretty sure I didn't post this. Maybe I did. I got asked to be the ward choir director. Yeesh. We've had 2 practices so far--with like 5 people--isn't that just great. I'm both excited and ...what's the word...ANTI-excited. It will be nice to work on my presence as a director, but ward choirs can be SO frustrating and, let's face it, lame. I've started out with a few songs I have just to see where the "choir" (more like "ensemble") can go, and last week I think I found the best fits. I want to experience something with this choir that I haven't usually been able to experience just in a ward choir. Usually ward choirs are all about being lovey dovey to everyone and inviting EVERYONE to come sing even if they are completely tone deaf--and that's all. They seem to have no plan or direction other than just getting people there and having people sing AS IS. I want to focus on learning a little about music. I would like the people who come to choir to leave knowing something they didn't before--and expand their musical abilities. Sure, everyone will still be welcome, tone-deaf or not (seeing as God won't let me exclude people :) ... ); but I would like everyone who comes to experience what it's actually like to be in a choir. These last 2 weeks have been sort of an initiation period for me, getting to know the feel of what's going on--but I hope to start adding more conceptual ideas next time and as I get more comfortable directing. I've been having a bit of a hard time getting the pianist to do what I want him to. He's a choir director at a school, so I think he's used to doing things his way. He's kind of annoying me, actually. He's the type that will keep playing music even after I say stop. And for some reason we're not on the same wavelength when it comes to where to start from when we go back to a section of music. Bless his heart, but it makes it harder because he has like 20 kids and he's super busy.
- Next! I officially finished my first full month at Curves, and got my first monthly report of my "progress." I lost a whopping pound and a half (maybe I ate less that day), and shrank a half an inch on my abdomen. Those numbers are positive but I won't accept them as real progress until I can prove they aren't just from monthly fluctuations in water or something :) I did earn 20 cents in Curves Cash though :) I can buy cool stuff when I get more. I'm looking forward to next month to see what two months can do. My body isn't sore like it used to be after working out, so I feel like I can push a little harder.
- I've been preparing for Trevor's birthday like a mad-man. Don't ask me why--it's not even for another 9 days and I've been ready for like a week. I got all the stuff I've been wanting to get him, and now I just have to wait. It's kind of made it so I've spent more than I originally planned but oh well, he deserves a break :) He works so hard and has so much ambition, I love to do things for him that make his life easier.
- We got new sheets for our bed :) Kind of a silly thing to mention, but I really LOVE them. They are a really great shade of green that I'm sort of obsessed with. Trevor picked out a
new white blanket--it's sort of like a hospital blanket--but it's so perfect. Hospital blankets have this way of keeping you perfectly warm without being huge. I've always been so comfortable every time I've used one in a hospital. We also got new lamps with pull chains for our nightstands because we were SO tired of reaching up under the shade to try and find the switch on our old lamps. We knocked the lamps over way too much trying to do that in the dark. We also organized our closet with some bins for books and blankets, and got a new laundry sorter for darks and lights, and got rid of the giant bookshelf in our bedroom. It's brighter and we have more space :) - We now have a plethora of furniture that we don't have space for anymore. We have a DVD stand, a computer desk, a side cabinet, and a book shelf. So if anyone's interested... we are sort of just storing them until we have a truck or something to take them to the DI, or someone wants them.
- Trevor and I are going to a show tomorrow--it's an early birthday present because there weren't any good shows playing after his birthday. It's with All That Remains and August Burns Red at the Murray Theater. It's going to be way fun! Trevor really likes August Burns Red. It will be kind of neat to go with just us too. Usually there are a bunch of other people, like from the band or something, whenever we go to a show. Now we'll have to talk to just each other about the bands--forced communication :) haha
I can't think of anything else really worth mentioning. I have some cool pictures I want to share, but I'll wait until I have them to post.
Molly and I are actually thinking about moving out in a few weeks. We would love to take your extra furniture if you'll let us.
ReplyDeleteGood work on Curves by the way. I just started Power 90 and I'm hoping I will have some success.
I love hearing your update. Good job at going to Curves for a month! That's awesome! I have realized it takes a long time to lose weight and to not lose motivation. It took me over a year to lose 38 lbs. which is what... about 2-3 lbs a month? I've learned you have to celebrate every "little" loss or you will get discouraged and want to quit. I have stayed about the same weight for a year now (ups and downs) and am looking for a jump start to start losing again!
ReplyDeleteI hate buying presents early because then I get SO excited to give them and I hate waiting! : )
Sounds like you are doing a good job directing the choir! My ward is at one or I would come :( Good luck with your pianist. Sorry this comment was so long... : )Oh and thanks for the comment about my nephew, it made me feel good!