On Thursday it was his actual birthday. And since we're grown ups, we no longer get holidays or birthdays off work. LAMEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD! So we waited until 7pm that night to see eachother and start our weekend of goodness. Trevor opened the presents I got for him that night before dinner--I was too excited to wait :)
He got a strategy guide for Fable II (it's a video game), but we're going to exchange it for a blue tooth receptor for his ipod so his car cd player can detect it without hooking up. He's such a guy.
We are in love with FoodNetwork. We like watching Good Eats and all those shows about how they do stuff. So I finally got some for us... I mean, for him.
Trevor really liked my mom's gift to him--some iTunes gift cards. He usually gets his music from blogs and random places online where he can find it. But there are a lot of newly released albums and more obscure stuff that he can't find for free online, so yay! More music (to add to his 400+ ablum collection...) He's so weird.
Trevor also got a mini grill for our random barbeque/grill cravings.

And the Lego Batman game. We just played it last night, and it's WAY fun :) There are SO many villains, it's crazy. Batman has this Demolition Suit that you use when you need to plant bombs to blow stuff up--that was pretty sweet.

We went to Pier 49 for dinner. We've been wanting to try it for a while but it's always been closed when we've wanted to go (for some reason businesses think they need to close after 11...) It was pretty good, I think we'll go back and try some other kinds soon.

We wandered around Target for a while looking for his blue tooth thing, and then headed off to Jordan Commons to see Star Trek on the IMAX screen. It was HUGE! And since it was 10 at night we got to move up to some better seats that were empty. We both REALLY liked the movie and will probably see it again. We recommend it to everyone! It had awesome graphics (obviously) and the story was pretty believable and well thought out. I liked that they added a little love story :) I thought they did a really good job at making Kirk realistic. A pat on the back to the people who made Star Trek!

I decided on a castle cake because Trevor really likes castles and would LOVE to live in a time and place where it's acceptable to live in one and wear armor and ride your horse over the drawbridge and eat bread and cheese and dried meats from your pack :) It turned out pretty sweet. Not the best in the whole world, but I'm pretty proud of it. It took me like 6 hours to put together. Frosting is ridiculous! And SO bad for you--it had 2 whole cups of shortening and 2 entire bags of powdered sugar!
And the Lego Batman game. We just played it last night, and it's WAY fun :) There are SO many villains, it's crazy. Batman has this Demolition Suit that you use when you need to plant bombs to blow stuff up--that was pretty sweet.
Here's us, hungry, and excited about all the cool new stuff. There were a few other gifts like an icecream maker (yay!) and some awesome shirts from his mom. Trevor was really happy about all the thoughtfullness of everyone and about all his gifts. He hasn't gotten a big birthday in a few years, so it was worth every penny!
We went to Pier 49 for dinner. We've been wanting to try it for a while but it's always been closed when we've wanted to go (for some reason businesses think they need to close after 11...) It was pretty good, I think we'll go back and try some other kinds soon.
We wandered around Target for a while looking for his blue tooth thing, and then headed off to Jordan Commons to see Star Trek on the IMAX screen. It was HUGE! And since it was 10 at night we got to move up to some better seats that were empty. We both REALLY liked the movie and will probably see it again. We recommend it to everyone! It had awesome graphics (obviously) and the story was pretty believable and well thought out. I liked that they added a little love story :) I thought they did a really good job at making Kirk realistic. A pat on the back to the people who made Star Trek!
Friday after work I spent the day searching for the ingredients for making Trevor's cake. Then after Trevor got off work he had a show while I started baking the layers for the cake. I only had one square pan so I had to make the 4 layers separately. It took 2 hours! bah, I think it might have been worth getting another pan... That night we had a special 10pm dinner out at IHOP. We ate out WAY too much over the weekend. But it made us feel more relaxed and able to enjoy ourselves. Again, totally worth it.
Saturday I made THE CAKE.
I used candy rocks to make the stones, and those wafer cookies and twizzler pull'n'peel for the drawbridge. I think that's my favorite part :)

Saturday night we went out for our big fancy dinner at Rodizio Grill with Trevor's family. He LOVES that place! It's like the ultimate man's restaurant but fancy-style. They serve you meat from skewers and you can have as much as you want... Pretty perfect for Trevor. We had a great time and we were both really glad his family could go with us. We don't get to go out too often with them so it was a lot of fun! It was nice to see everyone let loose and gorge themselves, haha :)

Saturday night we went out for our big fancy dinner at Rodizio Grill with Trevor's family. He LOVES that place! It's like the ultimate man's restaurant but fancy-style. They serve you meat from skewers and you can have as much as you want... Pretty perfect for Trevor. We had a great time and we were both really glad his family could go with us. We don't get to go out too often with them so it was a lot of fun! It was nice to see everyone let loose and gorge themselves, haha :)

That is the coolest cake!
ReplyDeletelooks like he had an AWESOME birthday! happy birthday to trevor!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I LOVED star trek. I never watched a single episode until I went and saw the movie last weekend and now I'm addicted!
hope curves is still treating you well!
Oh man I wish I remember. I hope he doesn't hate me. It sounds like a fun weekend. Becky you are such a great wife. Way to go.
ReplyDeleteThat's an awesome cake!!
ReplyDelete