Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Home Barbeque

Last night Trevor and I used his new mini-grill for the first time--thus the beginning of our long life of barbequing at home :)
It took practically an hour to get the coals in and hot. Crazy. But it was mostly because I had no idea what I was doing. Trevor had to stop me from adding starter fluid to the flame... eek. That was really stupid. For some reason when you don't know what you're doing, the common sense you'd normally have goes out the window too... for some reason.
I made corn muffins. So tasty! With way too much butter for anyone's good. We use the Jiffy brand box mixes--and they usually turn out just right.




We at an entire (small) cantelope! Fruit is SOO good on hot nights--and it was still like 80 something last night.
And oh man! We had corn on the cob--grilled :) I wrapped them in foil with butter and salt and pepper, and they turned out so incredibly delicious. Juicy, and hot, and crisp. They were a really great color before AND after cooking too.


My mad grill skills. We need some grill utensils, bad. I used a potato masher to move the coals around and fix the shelves when they were hot.

Le finished product. It makes me want leftovers! Mmmm...
Our steaks were just what was on sale at Maceys, but they were pretty darn delicious.
Steak $6
Corn $0.50
Muffin Mix $1.80
What the...steak dinner for two for under $9! I LOVE IT!

These strawberries are HUGE!!! We had them with Trevor's sugar free pudding dessert.

1 comment:

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.