Thursday, May 07, 2009

August Burns Red

I got Trevor a gift certificate to buy tickets for a show of his choice for his birthday, and I ended up giving it to him early so he could buy tickets to a show for one of his favorite bands that was last night, August Burns Red. They played with All That Remains and two other bands that I wasn't incredibly impressed by. I've never been to a show that big before, so it was kind of a new experience for me :) It was 10 times hotter than Trevor's shows, and there were hundreds more people, and it was 10 times louder. We stayed towards the back for the first two bands, and then for August Burns Red, Trevor dragged me down to the front where the pit was. Uh, if you don't know what a pit is, it's where all the people go to hardcore dance (or mosh or something depending on the music style). Anyways. It was pretty crazy. The people who were mashed against my side were smelly and sweaty. Pretty gross. Luckily Trevor found me a good spot on some stairs where I had some space in front of me and a bar to lean on.

It was still fun though. I tried to snap a couple pictures while Trevor was down doing his thing in the pit. Obviously, since I only had my cell phone, they aren't that great. But still good enough for remembering's sake.
(d'jya catch that? total, $21/ticket! HOLY COW! Come on Smithtix!)



I like the power fists.



Haha, I almost forgot. This is SO me. I fell down some of the stairs while we were trying to get to the front, and made a total idiot of myself. Great. I also saw some familiar faces; I saw two chicks I used to go to school with--kind of random that they ended up liking this kind of music--and I also saw a dude from school. Kinda cool to know I'm not alone in the hardcore/metal scene :) Oh, also, the show sold out right when we got there (luckily we'd already purchased our tickets), and there were a ton of really angry kids walking around outside the venue while I was trying to scarf down some Subway dinner. They were SO MAD :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.