Trevor and I went to The Living Planet Aquarium again this weekend. This is my third time, and I still love it. They've added a new section since the last time I went about the Amazon.
These giant sucker fish were in the Utah section. They're probably 6-8 inches long. Kinda weird.
Here's one of the eels. They're super long, you just can't see because he's all wrapped up in the coral.
Some of the long jelly fish. They take the best pictures!
These are some of the shorter jelly fish.
Here's a picture of the giant squid. You aren't allowed to use your flash on him because of his sensitive eyes, so the pictures really dark. But he's HUMONGO! Each of those circle suckers is about an inch or an inch and a half wide.
Here's the giant lobster. He's flash sensitive too. I think he was about 3 feet long.
One of the sleeping sea horses.
A few of the many many fancy fish we saw.
Sting ray! If you've never been to the aquarium, you can touch these guys as they swim by. Pretty nifty.
A few of the many many fancy fish we saw.
Sting ray! If you've never been to the aquarium, you can touch these guys as they swim by. Pretty nifty.
Shark! They have some really awesome sharks and dangerous fish there. This guy was like 4 feet long I think.
Tropical fish in the pirate ship.
These were called 4 eyed fish. Their eyes have a film that splits them in to so that they can be part way above and under the water at the same time.
Sea turtles. They were climbing on eachother. They were pretty medium in size. 2 feet or so.
They had an electric eel section in the Amazon zone. They had a gage that tells you how electric he is at the moment. You could tell when he was just resting, when he was hunting, and when he was seeking a predator. Eels can emit the same amount of electricity as 6 electrical outlets at once! Um, yeah, pretty sure they could kill you.
This is the tree frog. He's all suctioned to the glass. Looks pretty gross.I never knew they could do that.
Here's one of the cooler looking poisonous frogs. I don't think I knew this before, that poisonous frogs aren't poisonous on their own. They eat other poisonous creatures and absorb their venom and poison into their skin. If you keep one of these kinds of frogs in captivity long enough, they'll lose their poisonous skin.
Here's a video of the shark and eel tank.
Hard to get a good picture of him, but there was a giant eel. His face was just pokin' out, but he looked to be about six inches thick.
Tropical fish in the pirate ship.
These were called 4 eyed fish. Their eyes have a film that splits them in to so that they can be part way above and under the water at the same time.
Sea turtles. They were climbing on eachother. They were pretty medium in size. 2 feet or so.
They had an electric eel section in the Amazon zone. They had a gage that tells you how electric he is at the moment. You could tell when he was just resting, when he was hunting, and when he was seeking a predator. Eels can emit the same amount of electricity as 6 electrical outlets at once! Um, yeah, pretty sure they could kill you.
Here's a video of some big fish they have there. It's amazing that fish can be so big, and these are SMALL compared to what's out there in the ocean.
This is the tree frog. He's all suctioned to the glass. Looks pretty gross.I never knew they could do that.
Here's one of the cooler looking poisonous frogs. I don't think I knew this before, that poisonous frogs aren't poisonous on their own. They eat other poisonous creatures and absorb their venom and poison into their skin. If you keep one of these kinds of frogs in captivity long enough, they'll lose their poisonous skin.
This is me, excited to be at the aquarium.
This is Trevor. Also excited to be at the aquarium.
Fun! Jellyfish are the coolest. When we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, they had an entire display of tons of different kinds. I could sit and stare at them all day.
ReplyDelete