Friday, January 23, 2009

Glimpse

Have you ever wondered what your fashion style would be like if you had all the money in the world? Seriously, think about it. How would you dress if money didn't matter? What would your style be?

I feel I've got a small glimpse of what my style would be if I had a bagillion dollars. I let my mind open a lot this week while looking for clothes, and even though I didn't buy all of them (because $200 only gets you so far), I still tried on a ton of new things.

I've discovered that the main reason all my outfits are so blah is that I generally have to buy ONE thing at a time, and it has to be versitile. I have to be able to wear it to work and on Saturday because it's like 1 of 5 shirts I own, you know?

But I feel very, what's the word? ...Released... I've always felt like I have no style of my own because all my clothes are just... clothing to wear, and not meaningful. After shopping a bit with someone else's money, I feel slightly better about my style; I can see where I'd go if I could keep shopping. Now all I need is some more shoes :) Why do I like shoes so much?

I wish this on all of you.

(Cool side note: I got a pair of dress pants AND a suit jacket AND trouser socks all for $42! The cashier just kept adding on the discounts until my $110 total equaled $42. I don't care if she gives the discounts to everyone; I love her.)

3 comments:

  1. Where did you go shopping?? You must tell!!! haha

    Post some pics of you in your new outfits! Thats so excitin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!

    I love the elephant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome you got that money. I am the same way, I buy one thing I can use for many different occasions and with many different outfits. Not as fun, but you do what you can, right? I am worse than you though, because I am currently wearing shoes with holes in them, not so good for the snow! *sigh* I just need to suck it up and spend the money for good shoes!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.