Friday, September 05, 2008

Vacation

It's official. Trevor and I are vacationing. We have yet to go on a real vacation since we've been married, and I think this is as close as we're going to get before we retire. We are going to visit Brett and Liz (Trevor's brother) in Ohio for our anniversary the first week in October. SAWEET! The craziest part about it is that we're DRIVING. You heard me; we're driving to Ohio...Happy anniversary! It should be fun, for the first 5 hours, then we'll just have to make do (or is it make due) for the other 20 hours. We'll spend 3 days there, and drive back. Woot! So if anyone wants to send them anything, you'll have to let us know, and we can take it.

Here's a picture of Trevor's band. They were taken by some chick Andrew knows. One of those people who takes pictures because their dad's a photographer and gave her a camera, but really, has like 50% of the skill real photographers have. The photographer they really wanted was "unavailable" (mostly because she wanted to be). Most of the pictures turned out to be unusable. Oh well, I guess, at least they got SOME pictures. Like 5. I like the way Trevor edited this one; he made the neon colors stand out perfectly! And I also like the circle one. It's a perfect example of what weirdos they all are. They can be a lot weirder than that, but just look at Andrew's face...yep, that's pretty much the norm :) And Ryan's dorky smile... Just in case some of you don't know, "A Horrible Night to Have a Curse" is the band name, and in the circle from left to right it goes: Ryan Heidt, Brian Dugger, Andrew Heidt, Zach Stark (Trevor and I like to call him Yach because when you text his name, that's what the predictive text calls him), and Trevor. Oh, and yeah, that's Trevor's hair covering up half of Zach's body.

I also thought you'd all like to see the shirt I almost bought at Hot Topic forever ago that started my obsession with dinosaurs. It says, "Meteors don't kill dinos, dinos kill dinos." Ha ha! Then the one dinosaur has the other dinosaur's head in his tummy, and the headless dino is just standing there, with no head! It's the best.
I also thought I'd tell everyone what I actually DID buy at HotTopic last weekend while we were there. (As a side note, I have no idea why we've been to HotTopic so much lately. We really aren't that insane about the store. In fact, generally, I find it has little to offer me. And Trevor finds they don't carry enough shirts of bands he likes. I think I've just been talking about it a lot because of the dino thing, and they seem to be the only place that has dino stuff.) I bought some red hair dye, but not the regular stuff that tints your hair burghundy. I mean, the stuff that puts bright red streaks in your hair. I tried it, but apparently you have to bleach your hair first in order for it to show up. Not sure I'm that committed. I would totally get it done professionally, but seeing as I don't have the cash to get my dino stuff, I most likely don't have the cash to spend $50 getting a couple streaks in my hair.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for you guys to come visit. We'll have to send some things back with you for people. I feel sad we are missing Robyn's birthday tomorrow. It was hard having Gabe's birthday without everyone there. It is going to be harder for Chandler's because I know he'll keep asking if he can see you all. The drive here from Utah wasn't so bad at all. I think that we would have really enjoyed it if it hadn't been so hard on the kids. I enjoy driving though, so maybe it won't be so great for you guys. Anyway, you'll have to let me know how it was for you. I liked all the pictures. I've actually been thinking of putting some streaks in my hair as well, but I too did not want to pay $50 to have it done. I've had some bad experiences with do-it-yourself jobs, so I am slow to try that again. By the way - I love your blog - the colors, design, everything. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.