Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I just read this amazingly cynical blog, and it has made me want to use my last 18 minutes at work to make the world even more cynical. Too bad I have nothing specific to be cynical about, eh? Chyeah, too bad.

I spent literally, 8 of my 10 hours at work today doing non-work-related activities. How in the world did I pull that one off? I don't think farmers from the 1800s could have done that; but thank goodness for blogging and facebook and myspace and yahoo!news and email. It has allowed me to have a day full of mind stimulating-ness instead of mind bogging-down-ness.

I spent like an hour surfing the web...now that I say that out loud, I realize that a few years ago, I did not truly understand "surfing the web." But today is a perfect example. I start out by reading a simple news story, and somehow I'm led through the tunnels and chambers of the "world wide web" until I'm reading crap about Heir Soandso and the horrors he committed during the Holocaust, and checking out hundreds of pictures of piled up bodies. Why is it that you get sucked in to that? It's HORRIBLE stuff. You find yourself grateful that no one is around to witness your brain's inability to stop itself from searching out pictures of the twin victims of Heir Soandso's medical experiments. ...Maybe not everyone does that...

I DID do some wholesome stuff today though. I read a crap load of Harry Potter on my lunch break (ha ha! Sort of just realized that some would consider Harry Potter to be UNwholesome, in fact...witchcraft and sorcery, and all... I rock). And I read a lot of people's blogs and made myself feel like I was making up for not speaking to them for unknown amounts of time. That's wholesome, right?

Tonight I might clean the kitchen. Good old fashioned women's work is wholesome, right? Definitely. I'll just use my dishwasher and garbage disposal, and billions of chemicals to make it easier for me, then I can get it done in less than half an hour. I don't know what those ladies from the old times were complaining about--having to "work" all day. Psh.

Okay, I think I might be done with my cynicism for today. Besides, I only have 4 minutes left until I'm off, and I have to be ready to clock out at EXACTLY six o'clock. No way am I staying one second later. I already have to spend like 15 seconds longer at work after I clock out...you know, locking the doors and all. Dang world. Why do people have to steal things? I just want to be able to leave my house and not have to rummage through my purse (and mess everything up in there, I might add--I can never find my cell phone after I rummage) for my keys. And I want Trevor to be able to forget to put his iPod away without the risk of it being stolen.

Op. 5:59...

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.