Oh man :( This week has sucked. Lots of you know already, but my boss is retiring in 7 short weeks and I have to get a new job. I haven't been sleeping, I've been eating too much, and I've only had one person call me for an interview. Plus, on top of it all, the weather has been messing with my photos again :(
Two months is a pretty decent amount of notice to give someone who needs to get a new job. And I can also use time at work to search and interview. I'm just feeling really stressed out. It's already been a whole work-week! I've been working here for just short of 4 years. It's sort of scary to think about being somewhere else. My life could be drastically different in 2 months than it is right now.
Trevor and I have been doing so well paying down our cars and our credit cards and saving the last year, I don't want my job to be the thing that messes everything up. So I'm looking for jobs that will pay me the same amount I'm making now. I'm sure this happens to everyone who looks for new jobs, but my confidence in my experience and abilities is rollercoastering. Sometimes I feel so confident, I have no doubt I'll be able to find something excellent in the next 2 weeks. And sometimes I feel like there's no way I'll be able to find something in 2 months and that I'll have to take a low paying job just so we don't die.
Today I just feel like I need to relax. I want to be able to use the weekend to relax as much as I can, but it's not like I can only look for jobs during work hours. We'll see. I for sure need to sleep. A lot.
On a brighter note: I'm getting some pictures taken of ME this weekend. Crazy, I know. Travis, Trevor's brother, also does photography, and he has agreed to take some pictures of me so I can use them on my website and stuff. Hopefully I won't have bags under my eyes, and hopefully my body won't show the possible 5 pounds I've gained this week :) I sort of know how my clients feel now though: I have NO idea what to wear. It seems like such a huge choice! This will be good practice for me though. It's good to be in front of the camera sometimes so that I can remember how people are feeling about how much direction they need.
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave me a comment and i will love you forever.