- Trevor's boss called him Wednesday afternoon and asked him to put together a last minute sales flier by Friday. And since we were planning on leaving for Idaho WEDNESDAY night, he had to hurry and make it before we left.
- We headed out the door on Wednesday at 5:30, just in time for the Northbound traffic, for our 4 hour drive to Idaho.
- Got there at 9:30--but the drive was actually kind of fun. Trevor and I had some time to finally talk (he's been working SO MUCH overtime lately since they have a new manager) and complain about work. Trevor read to me while I was driving, and we playing this new game where I have to guess the genre of music that Trevor plays for me from his iPod. Seriously difficult... Even after 5 years, I STILL can't keep track of it all! Maybe I'll do another post about what genre is what...
- Checked in to our hotel--which was another cool part--they upgraded all their furniture and bedding and stuff, so it was pretty nice :) AND they have the FoodNetwork. So we went to sleep to the sultry sounds of Dinner: Impossible.
- I let Trevor sleep in on Thanksgiving and headed over to help with the dinner prep at 9. My Grandma pretty much did everything before we got there but I did the potato washing, haha. We hung out with my family and played The Game of Things until dinner at 2, promptly took a 15 minute nap and had pie at 4, just in time to head back to Salt Lake at 4:30 PM so Trevor could get 7 hours of sleep before he had to be at work at 5AM the next day for Black Friday. Ugh.
- At 5:30 PM driving home from Idaho Trevor got a text from his boss saying not to come in until 1 PM instead of 5 AM. WHAT THE CRAP?! So we missed out on Thanksgiving evening with my family for no reason, AND it put a new crimp in our plans for a second Thanksgiving dinner with Trevor's family on Friday night.
- Back home by 8:30 with no reason to go to bed so we had leftover turkey sandwiches and I read Harry Potter to Trevor. You know, I never get tired of reading, "I'm a WHAT?" "Yer a wizard, Harry."
- We got up at 8 on Friday and hit Best Buy and Target for some SWEET deals. We saved probably $150 on stuff we were going to buy for ourselves and for Christmas gifts anyways! We got a new printer for $25, and I got a memory card adapter for $20. And Trevor got World of Warcraft for $5... so that means Trevor has been on the computer since Friday, haha :)
- We had Thanksgiving dinner numero dos on Friday (after Trevor got off work) at Trevor's mom's and it was fantastic :) We shared the food making responsibility and took everything over in crock pots. I LIKED this and I think we should do it every year.
- Saturday Trevor went back to work for another 12 hour shift, and I stayed home and finished Christmas shopping, cleaning up the house, and putting up the TREE and decorations while listening to Christmas music! It felt SO good to get the tree up so early! Thanksgiving was DONE, and Christmas was HERE! I also started on my Christmas cards that night too. Seriously, I'm feeling incredibly accomplished right now, haha (oh, but I accidentally got a mini-disc for the card adapter stuck in the iMac... I'm still trying to figure out how to get it out. The disc slot is on the side of the monitor
and when you put in the disc, it just slides in and there's not tray or manual eject button. Apparently I'm not smart enough to realize the disc was too small and just dropped it in...) - Sunday we chillaxed and Trevor finally got to play WoW uninterrupted by work. I foresee a LOT of reading on my part for the next few weeks. I tried WoW and it was interesting. I'll let you know if I like it when (if) I play more.
- So yesterday was Monday and it's officially December, like I said, and I'm READY for Christmas! Tomorrow we're going to see Christmas Carol at the Hale Center Theater, Friday I'm making Christmas Toffee with a friend, and sometime this weekend we're going to the Festival of Trees! AND I'm 75% done with Christmas shopping, and we aren't poor, haha :) I'm hoping my head start on Christmas will give me more of a chance to spend time with friends and family this year. I'm excited to fit in as much Christmas as I can this year!
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Thanksgiving, CHECK. Christmas CHECKAROONI
I can't believe it's already Christmas time! Thanksgiving is over, fall is over, it's officially December, and Christmas is knocking. We had an INSANE Thanksgiving week--probably the craziest we've ever had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, what server is he on?
ReplyDeletemostly dunemaul
ReplyDelete