We had a madrigal reunion on Saturday and it was so nice to see everyone. I think we've been able to do SOMETHING every other year since we graduated. We even sang a couple of the old songs! I love that we sing! And I love that we love music, and that we are okay singing for no reason but just to sing! I've decreed that there is not enough singing in my house and that we're going to do it MORE. Got that Trevor?
I took some video but you can hear me A LOT because I was holding the camera, and I'm just not sure I want to do that to the world. Plus it's at my house and I'm at work, and I want to actually complete a post about something other than pictures. It doesn't count since I used the VIDEO camera on the camera, right?
Yesterday Trevor's family and I sang in church. But the cool part was actually the MEN of the ward. Whaaa? Yeah, the guys from the Elders Quorum sang a Christmas hymn, and HOLY cow! They were loud, they were in tune, they were energized! That was pretty much the highlight of all the Christmas music I've heard yet :) Surprisingly it really put me in the Christmas mood. I'm done with all my business (I'm pretty sure; but it's so like me to forget something important...we'll see), and now I'm really looking forward to just opening myself up to feel the spirit of Christmas.
I'm looking forward to making people I love happy with gifts that I've chosen for them. I love that the gifts will make their lives easier, and happier. I'm looking forward to seeing my whole family together (well, as much as possible), and to sharing in the spirit with them. I'm happy with the amount of Rudolph and Santa songs I've heard so far, and I'm ready for the good stuff about Jesus! I've loved seeing people I don't normally get to see any other time of year, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with more people I love!
I've even been saying "Merry Christmas" this year! I NEVER say that. It's kind of weird, and awkward, but I've just beel feelin' it, you know? So, Merry Christmas!
I am so glad you are enjoying the season. Becky, your pictures are amazing! You are very talented! I am excited for you to take our family pictures! (whenever you have time)
ReplyDelete