Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Peachy

This weekend I made homemade peach jam :) It was kind of hard, I'll have to admit. The worst was peeling and cutting up all those peaches and nectarines, and jarring them the old fashioned way without these so called "Boiling Canners" or "Pressure Canners," whatever those are. But I did it, and I tried it last night, and it was pretty dang good. Despite the more-runny-than-it-should-be consistency, the jam is superb. And I have a few extra jars that some of you just might be blessed with :)

I think it will be a while before I try a different kind of jam. I used almost every bowl and pan in my house in the process, and it took forever to clean up the stickiness that covered my kitchen afterwards.

Besides that goodness, things for us have changed a bit: Brandon is occupying our second bedroom for a few weeks while his apartment's being fixed up from the fire. It's pretty neat-o. I'm sure it's just as weird for him as it is for us, although, he has had some extra practice living with other people since he's been out of his original apartment for a few weeks already. However, we seem to have not really bothered eachother so far. He seems like a busy person, which makes him a good house guest in the sense that, well, he's not really there that much :) Brandon, you eat a lot of peanut butter, but I'm glad I know that about you now, haha.

The rats are well; we've found they like limes. And they're still scared of their exercise ball, which means Rikki is freakishly excited and curious whenever she gets held (rather, I should say, whenever we TRY to hold her).

Trevor got his CDs and, get this, his mileage log for work stolen from his car last night, along with a car part he had stored in there overnight for work. Grr... WHO DOES THAT? Seriously people.

But other than that, things have been peachy--in some cases, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.