Steve and Jordan
Nate and Sarah
Becky and Trevor
Matt
Family
I also want to finish up some stuff I'm doing for my grandma with a bunch of her old pictures, but that is going to take a lot more time...and money. I'm thinking I'll probably do a collage for her and hope it will suffice for a while longer.
My two bosses were on vacation for a week in August, and I had a combination awesome-crappy week while they were gone. You'd think with the boss gone things would be bliss, and in a way
they were--I knew everything that needed to be done, and I didn't have anyone there giving me more things to do, or telling me how to do them. But at the same time, I had quite a few semi-major catastrophes while they were gone that had to be delt with all by my lonesome. Work stinks. I'm sure you all know.
I think the worst part about that entire week was forcing myself to stay at work till six o'clock every night like I'm supposed to. I mean, geeze! The day's over, everyone's gone, go home, right? No. I had to remember that I still needed to get my full 40 hours that week or we'd die of starvation when my check comes next week. Yet another reason why work sucks.
The best part about that week with no authority is that I finally got around to
reorganizing my desk :) I'm sure you're all thrilled! But seriously, it's a big job, and you always know you need to do it, you just never can, because who has 3 hours to just do something without being interrupted at work? Here are the results.
There was a fire in the Corner Canyon in Draper this week. It was far from our house, obviously, but it was still so incredibly weird. Trevor called me while he was delivering something for work out there, and told me to look. I could smell it right as I opened the door to my office, which is one of the weirdest parts to me. I work on 7200 South and 1300 East, and the fire was almost at the point of the mountain. I couldn't see anything but... well, gray, smokey sky in that direction. Within minutes there was ash falling on all our cars in the parking lot. I didn't follow the story too closely, but I do know it lasted at least 2 days, and the smoke was incredible! Here's some pictures that some strangers took. I tried to take some good ones, but as you all know, my camera phone is the pits. As far as I know, no homes or buildings were damaged, and the temple is okay too. If you want to read the whole story...
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4104232
The veiw from Draper
The view from Downtown
At sunset that night
Another Draper view
Brandon's still holed in our second bedroom. Time has flown! He's a good houseguest. Probably a lot better at being a houseguest than we are at being househosts :)
Trevor's band has just recently started playing shows with their new drummer, and things are looking good as far as that goes. They've got another show this weekend in Tooele, woot!
I'm also working on giving Erin Graham the best bridal shower ever :) Any ideas would be more than welcome!
We miss our family that vanished to Ohio, and ironically, sort of miss our family that vanished to the apartment next door. It's funny how even though your family can be so close, you still don't make as much time as you could. I'm glad fall and the holiday season are coming up so we can spend more time with people. Note that I said I'M glad, not sure how Trevor feels :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete