Thursday, July 10, 2008

Not Just Ordinary Rice

I wanted to quickly write about this awesome rice I made a few days ago. I'd made it before, but somewhat differently based on a recipe. I lost the recipe, and just worked with what I had around and what I remembered. Unfortunately, all that remained in my head was rice, chicken broth, and balsamic vinegar.

Not quite so unfortunate after all. It proved to be a delicious combination, that was simple and perfect for our fish.

2 cups chicken broth
1 cup rice
1 tablespoon (ish) balsamic vinegar

Boil chicken broth (if you don't have 2 cups, use as much as you can and substitute water for the remaining). Add rice, and turn heat to low. Add balsamic vinegar. Stir. Cover for 15-20 minutes or until your rice is done! Perfectly flavored rice that compliments most anything. (This served me and Trevor.)

I've heard of people putting spices in it, like tarragon or basil. Bet it's good too.

I like it because I don't feel the need to put gallons of butter or salt or anything. And apparently healthy is good, at least that's what I'm told.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.