I remembered one of the other weird things.
I found out a couple of my friends from high school robbed a bank. It's so weird to me thinking that here I am, working away, and then there's them...robbing a bank with a gun. I'd like to think I have a pretty normal, not quite boring life. I work, eat, sleep, play, watch movies. And every now and then I catch up with some old friends who are either doing the same, or doing minor variations of the same (school, work, babies). Sometimes I hear news through others, sometimes I hear it through Facebook stalking. I like to check out everyone's pictures, and blogs, and read about what's changed in their lives. But rarely do I get the chance to catch up with friends through a news anchor.
We were waiting for our pizza to come (grr!) last week and we were casually listening to the news in the background when they flash a picture of the kid I knew from high school. The face on the picture LOOKS like him, but the expression is nothing like him. I wonder where they got a picture of him being so serious and looking like a criminal. It sort of made me realize how often I just accept that the people I see on the news are as mean and dirty as their pictures make them look.
It was shocking at first, but after a few days the whole incident just felt like one of those things that you just go through. Like when you're little and you find out your older brother got his wisdom teeth out, and you're told that you have a 90% chance of needing yours out too. Or when you hear about your friends parents dying, or their grandparents dying. Or you hear on the news that someone you don't know had their best friend die. Or even when you find out you get to drive at 16, and you wait and wait but it feels like it never comes...and yet, somehow it does. It comes and goes. These are all things that it seems will inevitably happen to you. You do end up having one of your friends die. Your grandparents WILL die one day. Your parents will too. And one day, you'll find out that someone you know robbed a bank (or murdered someone, or robbed a Carl's Jr.). It all feels like something you just have to experience and live through, and then get over.
Hm. Kinda weird. Like I said.
I found out a couple of my friends from high school robbed a bank. It's so weird to me thinking that here I am, working away, and then there's them...robbing a bank with a gun. I'd like to think I have a pretty normal, not quite boring life. I work, eat, sleep, play, watch movies. And every now and then I catch up with some old friends who are either doing the same, or doing minor variations of the same (school, work, babies). Sometimes I hear news through others, sometimes I hear it through Facebook stalking. I like to check out everyone's pictures, and blogs, and read about what's changed in their lives. But rarely do I get the chance to catch up with friends through a news anchor.
We were waiting for our pizza to come (grr!) last week and we were casually listening to the news in the background when they flash a picture of the kid I knew from high school. The face on the picture LOOKS like him, but the expression is nothing like him. I wonder where they got a picture of him being so serious and looking like a criminal. It sort of made me realize how often I just accept that the people I see on the news are as mean and dirty as their pictures make them look.
It was shocking at first, but after a few days the whole incident just felt like one of those things that you just go through. Like when you're little and you find out your older brother got his wisdom teeth out, and you're told that you have a 90% chance of needing yours out too. Or when you hear about your friends parents dying, or their grandparents dying. Or you hear on the news that someone you don't know had their best friend die. Or even when you find out you get to drive at 16, and you wait and wait but it feels like it never comes...and yet, somehow it does. It comes and goes. These are all things that it seems will inevitably happen to you. You do end up having one of your friends die. Your grandparents WILL die one day. Your parents will too. And one day, you'll find out that someone you know robbed a bank (or murdered someone, or robbed a Carl's Jr.). It all feels like something you just have to experience and live through, and then get over.
Hm. Kinda weird. Like I said.
Yeah I was a little shocked too. I turn on the TV and I see his face but I missed the last part of the story so I get on ksl and look up his name and them BAM I read that story. It's crazy but what can you do!
ReplyDelete