Let's see, what have we been up do? Not much really. The last few months I've had my appreciation for Trevor and our marriage grow. We've seen each other through a few successes and failures, and gone through a few as a couple. Every September I remember how I felt when I met Trevor for the first time. It was 8 years ago, and if I close my eyes, I can still remember the instant I knew I felt something more than friendship for him. I can still remember the excitement over our similarities and our differences. I was surprised I liked someone so different from myself, but who also complemented me so well.
Knowing Trevor has made me step out of my shell, right from day one. And it's made me stand more firmly as MYSELF. Our relationship has gone through so many different phases--dating, engaged, newly-wed, and all the subsequent years--each adding new levels of love, and frustration :)
Our 6 year wedding anniversary is coming up in less than two weeks. The other night I realized that I've only spent one night away from Trevor since we got married. He's been my companion and best friend. He's seen me at my worst, and hopefully my best.
I want to remember our 8th year together as the year we relearned how to show each other the appreciation and love we have for each other. Our journey is our own, and I'm looking forward to where we're going--but I'm also learning to remember it's not all about the destination. That seems like something everyone should know--"it's not about the destination, it's about the journey" blah blah. But it can be applied to our lives on so many tiny levels. I don't want anyone else on my journey but him.

Baby time!!
ReplyDeleteShow your face Anonymous ;)
ReplyDeleteNo!!! Never!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a sweet post! Happy (almost) 6 year anniversary to you guys!
ReplyDeletehaha! "show your face" ha! I love this. :D
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sweet post!! You guys look great!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. You guys are great together.
ReplyDeleteYou need to have a child now. I demand it! ;)
ReplyDelete