Sew.
Here's an update on the whole church thing.
I'm getting back into the flow of church being a regular thing. At first it seemed like Sunday came way too often, but I'm actually surprised how little time its taken for me to get used to it. This week will be 3 months. I'm preparing myself for the novelty to wear off, and for thing to get hard again sometime in the near future, but for now, it's mostly okay.
Right now, I really, really just don't want to have to worry about getting up on Sundays. Waking up to no alarm clock on Saturdays is the best part of my whole week (at least ONE of the best). I realize that as my life changes, with kids and other things, Saturdays won't always be like that. Maybe then, I'll be grateful for a 9 AM "late start" on Sundays. When spring and summer get here, I'll probably have to nix the Saturday sleep-ins for photography sessions--but that's FUN :)
Thinking about churchy things throughout the week has been a different experience than I remember. Yeesh, lookit me, I sound like I've been away for eons. I'm telling you though, it is so easy to forget. Different periods in my life have shown me that scripture study and prayer come more easily at different times. But I have never had so much in my life direct me towards reading daily. My mind hasn't ever felt so open to the concepts and guidance in the scriptures. I feel like this is one gigantic mercy Heavenly Father has decided I need right now, and I'm incredibly grateful.
It's not all easy; it's not all hard. Some things will take lots of time to make right. But I'm here. I'm doing my best to be a part things.
We hear all the time (and it's so easy to start thinking of it as cliche; try not to though) that God's hand is always outstretched, we just need to take it. Or that the door is there, we just need to knock. It's true. My back was turned, not his. It's so easy to feel like we have to climb this huge mountain in order to be spiritual. That God waits for us to get far enough and then decides to help us if we've gone far enough. That's SO wrong. As soon as we decide to climb, He's there. As soon as we think about getting ready to climb, He encourages us; and we can feel His encouragement if we listen. Soon, other peaks and valleys that seemed impossible to begin with, aren't so bad once you get there.
Also, today I ate a Snickers bar. An entire candy bar, all to myself. It's been years. There's something so delicious and satisfying about eating a whole regular sized candy bar all by yourself, especially when there's no guilt for actually buying it yourself--we had some extras at work they were giving away. I could feel the calories sliding down my throat and settling in my stomach, but they were glorious, and I was willing.
It's so encouraging to read this. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete