It was pretty super hot in there.
It was really awesome to see her personality, and to hear her voice in real life. She was a little sick, but you could barely tell. This was the first concert I've ever been to that I chose to go to all by myself that wasn't choral or a musical or something. I've been to tons of concerts for Trevor, but not one of my own.
Her band was just 2 people for bass and keyboards/glockenspiel and backup vocals here and there. They blended really well :)
She used a lot of instruments! She did guitar, harmonica, ukulele, and kazoo.
She also does a lot of loops--like, she'll record one part and then play it over while singing a harmony on top, and then again with another harmony. It's SO awesome because obviously she can blend with her own voice really well.
We were pretty close--the show wasn't that big, only about 150 people. So our seats were great.
I recorded a few videos. I realized halfway through that I don't have the software to rotate my videos, so they're on their sides... Oh well, it's all about her voice anyways :) Sorry they're shaky; I was trying to watch her and not really paying that much attention to the camera. Can you blame me?
Dream. The loop was broken on this one so she didn't do her cool voice blendy thing. Still really good though.
Wallflower. This is one of my favorite songs of hers.
This one's called Moonbeam, it's a cover. It's so mellow and nice.
This is called the Boob Song and the description before it drops the F bomb and a few other less destructive bombs so don't listen to that part if you don't want to hear. It's a silly song about her fiance's ex-girlfriend. She uses the kazoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave me a comment and i will love you forever.