Friday, August 14, 2009

Lord of Chaos

Finished another book. Really, this series is amazing and I'm totally hooked.


A couple days ago I only had 2 chapters left, but I knew I needed time to sit down and read it all at once so I could focus and not miss anything. The ends of these books generally have some sort of battle or complicated something-or-other going on that needs the reader's full attention. So I put it off--yeah, not sure if that was the best idea. I was supposed to finish it yesterday on my lunch break but ended up having 13 pages left when the clock hit 12:55 and I still wasn't back at work yet.

Seriously, that kind of stuff shatters worlds.

I had to wait all the way until 11:00 to finish, and I was dying the whole day!

But now I'm in the next book and I'm okay again, so don't fret.

  1. The Eye of the World
  2. The Great Hunt
  3. The Dragon Reborn
  4. The Shadow Rising
  5. The Fires of Heaven
  6. Lord of Chaos
  7. The Crown of Swords
  8. The Path of Daggers
  9. Winter's Heart
  10. Crossroads of Twilight
  11. Knife of Dreams
  12. A Memory of Light: The Gathering Storm (part 1) (this one comes out in November!)
  13. A Memory of Light: Shifting Winds (part 2)
  14. A Memory of Light: Tarmon Gai'don (part 3)

Robert Jordan, the author, died a few years ago after finishing the 11th book, and everyone was pretty worried that the series would never get finished. He still had one more book to write to tie everything up. I was oblivious to all of this at the time, of course. But his editor (and wife) got someone to put all his notes together and finish up the last book. It is so much info that they are making 3 entire books out of it. Needless to say, Trevor is freaking out with impatience. I'm excited, but I'm just relishing all that I have left to read. I read Harry Potter waaaaaay too fast and it was over so quickly. I'm taking my time with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.