Monday, December 22, 2008

To do


Chelsea inspired me to write down my goals. There's a lot of rather large happenings around me lately, and I want to take a minute to focus my brain on me and my priorities.


  1. Pay off this one loan we have with a certain relative BEFORE summer comes. This seems like a long time when you think about it one way, but if thought of the other way, it seems short. Got it?

  2. Find a way for either me or Trevor to start school again. I'm putting no time line on this because I have no idea--and I hate goals I can't accomplish.

  3. This one's an addendum to goal #2. If it is me who goes back to school, I want to find a way for me to USE what I'm schooling for. See, I want to be a stay at home mom, and an occupation doesn't really fit into that too well. Besides Mary Kay. Goal #2 and goal #3 are very long term goals. Maybe I shouldn't put them on this list, as they will be on it too long for me to enjoy it.

  4. Go 2 weekends in a row without spending over $20 total. (And then NOT spend more the next weekend to compensate for not spending a lot the other two weekends.)

  5. Starting in January (haha) get to church 4 out of 4 weeks. INCLUDING Relief Society. It's a warzone there. (I'm already feeling a pinch here...)

  6. Finish reading Robert Jordan's book 1 of The Wheel of Time by January 15th. Trevor asked me to read it. I agreed, with a slight assumption that I would be able to use it later to persuade him to read Twilight--if nothing else, Midnight Sun. This is a very very uneven exchange--The Wheel of Time is 12 intense novels long; Twilight is jr. high level reading and 4 books long.

  7. Get Trevor to read Twilight. (Okay, I know that's not a realistic goal to put on MY list.)

  8. Follow THE budget.

  9. Make something crafty to give away. Soon.

  10. And to make it an even 10...Read scriptures and pray every night for 2 weeks.

I think that gives me a good range of goals to accomplish. Some are very immediate and short term, others are more long term. I wish I had them split into two lists: long term and short term. Oh well.

Oh darn, I thought of another important one. Let's call this one 7.5 because #7 doesn't count

7.5. Dwell on reasons I love Trevor and think of ways to improve our relationship or be kinder to eachother every night before prayer. I think every one should do this with one person.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could be a positive influence. You have a great list there. I hope I will be as successful as you in completing mine.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment and i will love you forever.